8 July 2005

When Hi-Tech Goes Page Three!

So I am at this party to celebrate 10 years of Java, not the island but the computer language that we were told now powers 708 million mobile handsets across the world. Sun Microsystems is facing the same challenge that Intel did when its chips got hidden inside computers branded by others...which resulted in the "Intel Inside" slogan...
Sun, thus, had us covered not with lines of gobbledygook code but in a happening-happening sort of do....so you had anorexic models toting the Java coffee-cup logo on their foreheads, with various outfits that passed for high-tech, and one, lone, male model looking lost as he struck a stud pose while holding a handset and stylo, or unfurling a laptop from his chest, as if it was a lepcha baby from up in the Himalayas.
Some tech CEOs, radio jockeys, and corporate presentations-meets-fashionshow stuff completed the line-up.
Of course, it is tough for the media to do a real story on this stuff, unless you are a Page 3 type just happy to drop the names and describe the hype. As a strategy, it is worth writing about...this is a bit like Sun trying to be more like its bete-noire, Microsoft.
The philosophical question still remains: Can a thermal vest pretend to be a T-shirt?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: new-wave and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

Scott Edwards said...

Congradulations on your blog! NOW, check this out, You can join a program that starts at only $7 then the costs go down. Down, Down, Down. It only takes 5 minutes to set up your international account!

To find out more visit: inovative site. It successfully exposes FREE information and covers inovative related stuff.

scottaedwards said...

Check this out for FREE...

This opportunity says:

"Your Ad" Will Be Instantly Displayed on Thousands of Websites and Read By Over 10 Million People Per Week For FREE, and It Only Takes 60 Seconds To Get Started!

To find out more visit: low cost network marketing site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and low cost network marketing related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: low cost network marketing and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.