18 November 2005

ConvergenceNext: Anytime, Anywhere TV

So what is the next thing that is going to change the way TV is understood?
Tivo which enabled recording of TV programmes so you could watch it anytime has tied up with Yahoo--which means an eventual popularisation of TV recordings.
Now comes Sling Media, a company which enables travellers to watch their TV programmes anywhere, through its device--which has no subscription fees--through a PC.

Check out these:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1129528-2,00.html

http://www.slingmedia.com

http://www.tivo.com

We have mounting evidence that TV, as a medium that enabled collective, forced viewing that gave rise to the mass medium and prime time is giving way to "anytime, anywhere" video.
In other words, TV programmes will become like books, to be bought or consumed in a manner that is flexible to the viewer.
Plenty of implications there for advertisers and media buyers--and ergo, for media companies and journalists/entertainers.

11 comments:

sell real estate note said...

Hello there: While I was searching around and looking for some information on sell mortgage note, I came to your site, although, this post, is not exactly what I have in mind, it did make me take notice. I now know why when I was searching for sell mortgage note. It led me here. Great read, I am glad I fond you.

real estate note said...

Hello Indian Media Notes, been looking for the latest info on cash flows and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

cash flow business said...

Hello Indian Media Notes, been looking for the latest info on cash flow business and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

notenetwork said...

Hi Indian Media Notes, Out surfing for information on cash flows & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

freespirit said...

err....if i may say so...only one simple minded observation. You cannot wrap your sandwich in your TV...there are somethings you cannot take away from the good old newspaper!

discounted notes said...

Hello Indian Media Notes, been looking for the latest info on business notes and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

cash flows said...

Hi Indian Media Notes, Out surfing for information on business notes & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Anonymous said...

Your one-stop source for free articles and ebooks. Do you need contents
to add to your web site? Or articles for use on your opt-in newsletters
and e-zines? Yourebooksuperstore.com has scoured the web and indexed a
huge collection of articles on various subjects. Just click on the
appropriate category to read the articles. Please feel free to submit
an article. http://trafficzone.us/hoo/hoodia_diet_pill.html

Mortgage Center said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about mortgage calc that covers mortgage calc related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

Investment Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a advice investing
site/blog. It pretty much covers advice investing
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

freespirit said...

You have been tagged!